Sunday, May 22, 2011

Organic Winter Shibi High Mountain Oolong tea (有機冬季石壁 高山烏龍茶)

Now introducing.... my favorite High Mountain Oolong Tea! (from the farm I mentioned in the previous post).


The leaves as big as my hand (nearly, at least for my little hands), and are thick in texture.

 <------ after 3rd steeping

When first drinking this tea the best way to enjoy it is gongfu style (with a gaiwan or tea pot) with the aroma cups. These leaves are very strong; to persuade the best flavors and aroma out of this tea use boiling or nearly boiling water (100C).



I first poured the tea into the aroma cups and allow it to soak for a few seconds. Next, I poured it into the drinking cups and placed my nose into the aroma cup allowing the slightly roasty and floral aroma to fill my nose. Wait a few seconds (allow it to cool off a bit) and smell it again. I noted a creamy brown sugar. It is amazing how you can get the  most wonderfully unique smells and tastes just from tea!

I have 1 bag (about 150g) for $40 (first come first serve), and I am taking orders for Spring. Get in contact with me @ greenleafteabar@gmail.com to order or for a sample (I currently have limited winter samples available; first come first serve)

I will announce when Spring Tea is on the way.

Later this week: Black Tea! (and yes, it is Taiwanese)

No comments:

Post a Comment